Who Do You Think You Are?




The Huffington Post reported on a spat between two Labour MPs the other day.

Apparently Jess Phillips asked Jeremy Corbyn why he had failed to appoint a woman to a top job in his shadow front bench, only to be rebuked by Diane Abbott who reportedly scolded Ms Phillips for asking a 'sanctimonious' question before adding, rather waspishly:

"You're not the only feminist in the PLP (Parliamentary Labour Party)"

Later Ms Phillips explained to the Huffington Post, "I roundly told her to f*** off."

And when asked what Ms Abbott did in response Ms Phillips said, "She f***** off" before adding:

“People said to me they had always wanted to say that to her, and I don’t know why they don’t as the opportunity presents itself every other minute. I said: ‘Who the f*** do you think you are?’”

Now if you ask me there are too many people in the Labour Party calling themselves feminists every two minutes, but in this case I take my hat off to Jess Phillips. 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!