North Lanarkshire Update


Here are some kind words from a reader in North Lanarkshire, one of the 500 or so GMB members whose equal pay claims have still to be settled because of a bizarre decision taken by their trade union to restrict its own members claims to only three years.

Hi Mark

Firstly, a huge thank you for your continued blogs on this matter, the information you gave been able to give us has been a invaluable. 

I for one would really appreciate it if you attended a meeting to discuss the the way GMB has handled our Equal Pay claims and I'm sure there will be many more keen to attend.

I am still shocked by the lack of information &support that has been offered to us regarding Equal Pay and surprise surprise....I'm still waiting for a reply to all of the questions that I have asked the GMB.

I'll probably still be waiting at Christmas.

I feel that you alone are the only person that actually cares about the way we have been treated....it's scandalous!! 

Kindest regards 


E

So far only one or two of the local newspapers and Private Eye magazine have shown any great interest in the story, but after the holiday season is over I will be redoubling my efforts to bring the details of this scandal to a wider audience including MSPs at Holyrood and MPs at Westminster.


Who knows, maybe I can even get a response from the candidates involved in the Labour party leadership debate?

 After all the GMB remains one of the Labour party's major donors.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!