Anarchy Rules!


Image result for anarchist + cartoons


The Guardian has a habit of rewarding stupid people who do idiotic things by giving them a platform in the paper to share their views.


Such as Victoria Prosser who heckled the recent leaders' debate on ITV, but fails to mention in her column that she wouldn't vote for any of the parties or their leaders, presumably because she's some kind of anarchist.

Which is fair enough though why did she bother to go along to the event in the first place? An ordinary woman, indeed. 

It's a strange old world right enough.

Because while The Guardian is happy to provide Vicky with plenty of column inches to share her thoughts on zero hours contracts, the newspaper has nothing to say about equal pay, for example.

Why I heckled David Cameron during the party leaders’ debate

By Victoria Prosser - The Guardian

I’m just an ordinary woman who knows decent people are suffering in Britain today – unlike those at the top
 
‘I felt the leaders were sticking to the old divisive tactics … Where were the new ideas?’ Photograph: Ken McKay/ITV /Rex/EPA

When I spoke up and heckled David Cameron during last night’s party leaders’ debate, I didn’t expect my face to be all over the internet within 24 hours. But I am glad that I have got people talking about our government, country and the issues we all face. During the debate I didn’t know I would cause so much interest – I just stood up because I felt passionate. I believe in my right to challenge a public leader paid for by public money.

When I was watching the debate, I felt the leaders were sticking to the old divisive tactics, picking on what the other parties have done in the past and blaming ethnic minority groups or using “popular” causes to try to win votes. Where were the new ideas we should be capable of with all our wealth and technology? These people are all in the same club, living exclusive lives far removed from that of the everyday person in Britain. It seems those at the top are making money from keeping us busy, working hard and distracted by TV and media sensations and rising living costs.

Then Cameron mentioned the great job our armed forces do. I couldn’t sit there quietly when I knew that while he may say this on screen, in reality many ex-service personnel end up in poverty, homeless on the streets. Through volunteering with Manchester Angels and #OpSafeWinter in Manchester, I have seen how many decent people are suffering in Britain today.

Cameron answered my question, and of course he answered quickly – after all, he has had a lifetime of media training. But the fact remains that no ex-military employee should ever have to face homelessness. And with so many empty properties – often owned by rich people who keep them empty or charge high rents – we should be asking why anyone has to be homeless in Britain at all.

It often seems in politics, doing what’s best for people, the 99%, is secondary to corporate interests. We all know about tax dodging big companies while elderly people live in fuel poverty, student debt goes up, benefits sanctions fall on the disabled and zero-hour contracts are on the rise.

Potentially dangerous processes like fracking may take place in Britain because they make money for corporations – but can we drink money when the water is poisoned? Having seen what difference we can make when we pull together – like on the homeless projects – has made me feel optimistic about the possibility of change. I hope many reading this will agree that in 2015 we should be able to create a healthy, happy UK – and if the current parties won’t do it because they are part of a corrupt system, we should challenge that. Maybe it hasn’t been done before, but since when should that stop us?

The main political parties say the same things at each election, focused on economic outcomes that benefit the 1% more than the people who actually keep this country running. It seems that the government and corporations are the only ones “in it together”. As far as I’m concerned, they plan to sell the NHS, cut services and make maximum profit. Shouldn’t we also be “in it together” by telling our politicians that we won’t go along with anything that puts lives, the environment and health at risk?

I’m just an ordinary woman speaking out – and I have the feeling that people are starting to wake up.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!