Sage Advice



I made the mistake of going to see the third movie in 'The Hobbit' series over the Christmas holidays, the much-hyped Battle of the Five Armies.

The film was a big disappointment, I have to admit, because it was terribly overblown, far too long, drawn out and so obviously contrived; in other words the original tale was milked ruthlessly for all it was worth, and then some. 

The liberties taken with JRR Tolkein's famous book were often toe-curling and embarrassing, but my favourite line was when the dwarf king Thorin Oakenshield gave some sage advice to his vertically challenged subjects - "Stay low and follow me!".

Now that did make me laugh even though the words were spoken at a supposedly 'dramatic' point in the film.

Ah well, at least The Lord of the Rings didn't suffer this terrible fate.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence