FOI and NLC



I've received a response to one of my recent FoI request to North Lanarkshire Council in which I asked who wrote the document regarding the Council’s Chief Officer Performance Review and Development Scheme - NLC's answer is summarised below:

"Having investigated, I can advise that original version of the guidance would have been produced by the Personnel section of the Administration Department and the Director of Administration at this time was John O’Hagan."

Now if the document was produced by the Personnel section of the Administration Department, I think it must be fair to assume that this was overseen by the Head of Personnel who, at the time, was none other than my old chum Iris Wylie, albeit in a post that now goes under the new title of head of human resources.

So it seems that in North Lanarkshire all roads lead back to Iris which is why I'm looking forward to hearing Iris explain the mess the Council has got itself into over equal pay - at the the ongoing Employment Tribunal hearing which is due to reconvene in Glasgow next week.


FOI and NLC (15 December 2014)



I've submitted another FoI request to North Lanarkshire Council because although I now have a copy of the Council's performance management scheme for senior officials, the document doesn't explain who designed the scheme and drew up the detailed guidance notes.

Surely the scheme cannot have been designed by someone who stood to benefit directly from its introduction and implementation within the Council?

But we'll know in four weeks time.  

5 December 2014
Gavin Whitefield
Chief Executive
North Lanarkshire Council


Dear Mr Whitefield

FOISA Request 

I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information Scotland Act 2002.

Please confirm the identity of the council official who issued the original version of the Council's 'Chief Officer Performance Review and Development Scheme'. 

I was provided with a copy of this document recently, in response to a previous FoI request, which states that the guidance notes were updated in September 2011, but there is no information on who wrote or issued the original advice. 

I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond to me by e-mail to: markirvine@compuserve.com
    
Kind regards



Mark Irvine    

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!