No One Rings, No One Calls



I have been assiduously answering my landline telephone for the past couple of weeks.

In fact, ever since I heard the proud boast from the No campaign that it would be contacting every single household in Scotland "3 or even 4 times" before the  independence referendum on 18 September.

To put a stout case for preserving the union I assumed, without going into things any further. 

Now I was quite looking forward to discussing some of the topical issues of the day with a friendly Better Together caller such as: "Are my children more or less likely to be attacked by a bear in an independent Scotland?" or "How can Better Together reassure me that the Westminster Parliament is not daft enough to sever its ties with the European Union?" 

But sadly every time I answer the damned phone it's someone trying to sell me double glazing, a patio extension or making an offer to pursue a PPI claim with one of the banks.

So I am both a little sad and disappointed because when it comes to the big political issues of the day I think people should 'say what they mean and mean what they say'.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence